Holiday Sale - 10% Off All Saddlebag Insert Combo Kits! Use Coupon Code "BAGDEALS" During Checkout!

Installation Guide

Top Rail Supports – Step 1

Apply the adhesive to the top of the bag as shown. Make sure the leather at the lip / edge of the saddlebag area is relaxed before you install.


Top Rail Supports – Step 2

Take the Top Rail Support and place over the lip of bag as shown.


Top Rail Supports – Step 3

Push Top Rail Support down over leather lip as shown.


DISCLAIMER: All inserts and supports come in sets to fit both right and left saddle bags. All leather saddle bags are not stitched the same and due to leather shrinkage will vary a little in size. Therefore our product is made as a one size fits all, and will fit approximately 98% of the bags made on the market. For the other 2% hand snips will be required to trim. If you have any questions please call the Home Office at (239) 543-8360. Any duplication of this product will be in violation of Patent Laws. Patent Pending Made in U.S.A.

NOTE: We recommend applying Leather Softeners and Conditioners before and after installation. It will help preserve and keep your bags from cracking, warping, and drying out. Keep the bag clean, maintained, and well preserved at all times for better and longer lasting results to your Leather Saddle Bags!

Top Rail Supports are included in the complete kit only. We have found that most bags, generally do not need them after installation of the combo-kit inserts. There are for problematic bags only.

Front & Rear inserts: Are cut to fit, last and are only necessary when the side of the bag is still caved in after your lid and bag insert install. Bend to shape the bag where the belt and buckle ride on the bag. Install as a dry-run to fit inside at the bottom seam and tuck-under the existing upper rail support. After the dry-run is in place, draw lines, remove and glue for install.


Front & Rear Inserts – Step 1

Bend your inserts accordingly to the shape of your bag.

Note: In the event that you live in a cold weather environment, please use a hair dryer on the parts that need to be bent on the insert. In other words, warm the insert up a little before you bend it.


Front & Rear Inserts – Step 2

Start by sliding from the top to install your front insert trapping it between the seams and the side panel.


Front & Rear Inserts – Step 3

Start by dropping the insert down in the bag at the area closest to the rear. Hold the insert with one hand while pushing down in the bag at the bottom. Take your other hand and push up with your finger tips on the outside sew seam. This will allow the seam to move up and outward enough to get the insert past the seam. Repeat this process starting at the bottom and working your way up until the plastic is behind the seam.


Front & Rear Inserts – Step 4

After trapping your inserts, the last step is to cover the top of the insert with the top flap with a flat blade oyster knife, or flat head screw driver, etc.


DISCLAIMER: All inserts and supports come in sets to fit both right and left saddle bags. All leather saddle bags are not stitched the same and due to leather shrinkage will vary a little in size. Therefore our product is made as a one size fits all, and will fit approximately 98% of the bags made on the market. For the other 2% hand snips will be required to trim. If you have any questions please call the Home Office at (239) 543-8360. Any duplication of this product will be in violation of Patent Laws. Patent Pending Made in U.S.A.

NOTE: We recommend applying Leather Softeners and Conditioners before and after installation. It will help preserve and keep your bags from cracking, warping, and drying out. Keep the bag clean, maintained, and well preserved at all times for better and longer lasting results to your Leather Saddle Bags!

Top Rail Supports are included in the complete kit only. We have found that most bags, generally do not need them after installation of the combo-kit inserts. There are for problematic bags only.

Front & Rear Inserts: Are cut to fit, last and are only necessary when the side of the bag is still caved in after your lid and bag insert install. Bend to shape the bag where the belt and buckle ride on the bag. Install as a dry-run to fit inside at the bottom seam and tuck-under the existing upper rail support. After the dry-run is in place, draw lines, remove and glue for install.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 1

Mandatory, remove your bags from the bike for better control during installation.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 2

Apply leather conditioner to the inside of the saddlebags at the seams. This will allow the leather to relax and accept the inserts for a better install.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 3

Lay the bag facing up on a flat surface of your choice. Open the Lid toward you, make sure the lid is laying flat on the surface.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 4

Place your Insert into the lid, Lining up the back of the insert with the rivets & the front seam that are existing on your lid. Exception: Springer – Fatboy – Sportster – Deuce. See Note for more detailed instructions.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 5

Outline your insert on the saddlebag lid with a marker. The reason for doing this is because you’ll need the line so when you apply Your Glue you will not get glue outside of where your lid will be placed in the bag.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 6 & 7

6:) After you’ve drawn your line take a wire brush and nap-up the leather on the inside of the bag lid to give the glue something to adhear to.

7:) Carefully apply to your lid insert the Contact Cement. Then carefully apply to the inside of your bag lid the contact cement while staying within the lines.


Saddlebag Lid – Step 8

Let the Glue dry a little on both parts until there is a thin film on top of the Glue (should be tacky to the touch).


Saddlebag Lid – Step 9

Then carefully place your insert into the lid staying within your lines. (Be sure to work the insert into your lid so the glue holds your insert.)


Saddlebag Lid – Step 10

Allow proper Drying time for the Contact Cement to cure! We recommend using DAP / WeldWood Contact Cement FLAMMABLE TYPE, 2-3 ounce bottles with brush applicator. Purchase at your local hardware store, lowes, home depot, etc… Note: For all other leather saddlebag lids, trimming of the lid insert maybe necessary due to shrinkage of the saddlebag lid, caused by aging and neglect.


DISCLAIMER: All inserts and supports come in sets to fit both right and left saddle bags. All leather saddle bags are not stitched the same and due to leather shrinkage will vary a little in size. Therefore our product is made as a one size fits all, and will fit approximately 98% of the bags made on the market. For the other 2% hand snips will be required to trim. If you have any questions please call the Home Office at (239) 543-8360. Any duplication of this product will be in violation of Patent Laws. Patent Pending Made in U.S.A.

NOTE: We recommend applying Leather Softeners and Conditioners before and after installation. It will help preserve and keep your bags from cracking, warping, and drying out. Keep the bag clean, maintained, and well preserved at all times for better and longer lasting results to your Leather Saddle Bags!

Top Rail Supports are included in the complete kit only. We have found that most bags, generally do not need them after installation of the combo-kit inserts. There are for problematic bags only.

Front & Rear Inserts: Are cut to fit, last and are only necessary when the side of the bag is still caved in after your lid and bag insert install. Bend to shape the bag where the belt and buckle ride on the bag. Install as a dry-run to fit inside at the bottom seam and tuck-under the existing upper rail support. After the dry-run is in place, draw lines, remove and glue for install.

Leather Lid Inserts

18160 Old Bayshore Rd.

N. Ft. Myers, FL 33917

USA

(239) 543-8360